Two Lehman Students Score Summer Internships at Bloomberg

May 22, 2014 1:18 pm Macaulay Honors College, Students

Zikran Choudhary

This summer Zikran Choudhary and Hansol Lee, students at Lehman’s Macaulay Honors College (MHC), will spend ten weeks working as interns at Bloomberg headquarters in Manhattan.

A graduating senior in the pre-medical school track, Choudhary will work in Bloomberg’s philanthropy department. It is in keeping with her own goals: Born in Bangladesh, Choudhary hopes to return home upon completion of her studies to start a non-profit medical clinic.

“I arrived in the U.S. when I was 10, but as a young child in Bangladesh I saw a lot of poverty and so my dream is to return and help those in need,” says Choudhary. This will mark Choudhary’s first internship experience, and she hopes to learn how a large company like Bloomberg contributes to social causes.

Born and raised in Korea, Hansol Lee spent six years living in India before arriving in the U.S. at age 20. She is a junior majoring in the interdisciplinary study of anthropology, biology, and chemistry. At Bloomberg, she hopes to contribute to the company’s diversity and inclusion initiative. During her interview with the internship coordinator she expressed interested in working on raising awareness of women’s issues and racial issues; her placement will be based on these interests.

Hansol Lee

“This is my first time working in a corporate environment, so I’m really looking forward to the experience and on building my own skills set,” says Lee.

The Bloomberg Company is a leader in the dissemination of financial news around the world. With more than 15,000 employees, 150 bureaus in 73 countries, and 320,000 service subscribers, the company’s reach is global.