Professor Stuart Chen-Hayes (Counseling, Leadership, Literacy & Special Education) and Professor Melissa Ockerman of DePaul University co-authored a letter in response to op-ed columnist Patrick O’Connor’s article on the state of training in college counseling, published in the Chronicle of Higher Education. In the letter, which O’Connor published in his blog for the Huffington Post, Professor Chen-Hayes and Professor Melissa Ockerman discuss some improvements taking place within the field of school counseling and the work they’re doing as co-chairs of the ACES School Counseling Interest Network.
In the News
Dr. Sanford Interviewed by CNN
19 Apr 2013
Dr. Alyshia Gálvez Discusses Latino Enrollment on MundoFox
7 Feb 2013
Dr. Sanford on Guatemala’s Upcoming Genocide Trial
6 Feb 2013
The Conveniently 'Forgotten War'
By Professor Miguel Pèrez | Journalism, Communication and Theatre
14 May 2013
If you missed CBS's "Sunday Morning" program last week, you missed a report that should be required viewing for all Americans.
The American prison system
Professor Massimo Pigliucci | Philosophy
21 May 2013
One of the things that has always struck me as different — and not in a good way — in the United States compared to other Western ...
Spotlight on Departments
The Department of Music offers a 59-credit major in music leading to the B.S. degree. The undergraduate program offers a general program of study with emphasis on theory, musicianship, history, and performance within a liberal arts college curriculum. Graduates of the music program will be prepared for further study in all avenues of music. Visit the Department.
- Lehman Professor Leads Holocaust Educators on Visit to Historical Sites in Poland and Israel posted on April 26, 2012
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual End-of-Year Banquet posted on May 20, 2013
- Lehman Students Selected for Three-Year JK Watson Fellowship Program posted on April 24, 2013
- Junior Wins Borough's Denim Day NYC Writing Competition posted on May 3, 2013
Our Publications in PDF
- ROTC Returns to CUNY May 21, 2013
- CUNY Begins National Search For J-School Dean May 17, 2013
- Eight CUNY Students Named 2013 Salk Scholars May 16, 2013
- Six Innovative and Emerging Leaders Receive Honors From Murphy Institute May 16, 2013
250 Bedford Park Boulevard West, Bronx, NY 10468
718-960-8000 • 1-877-LEHMAN-1 (Toll Free)